Italian Sponge Cake (Pan di Spagna)



I’ve been looking for the perfect simple Italian sponge cake for a tiramisu and this one works very well. For some reason I have a lot of trouble with separating eggs so ladyfingers are not practical for me. Anyway, thought you’d like to know that this is the best one I’ve tried so far. I put a little extra vanilla in but that’s just personal taste. I’m thinking about bringing a tiramisu to Thanksgiving this year so this will definitely be what I use.

Oh, and just a little pro-tip for anyone reading this. If you make strawberry shortcake don’t use angel food. Use sponge cake. And use this sponge cake specifically. I promise anyone to whom you serve it will be very happy you did :)

Recipe >> Italian Sponge Cake (Pan di Spagna) @ aseasyasapplepie.com

==========